Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes internet and online based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services. Source :Wikipedia
I have my done my graduation in commerce with specialization in marketing. And pg diploma in business administration. I have also worked with various ad agencies, as client servicing executive and marketing has been a core part of everything. Having said that I left my job and moved to my hometown and after few months I got married. We settled in Mumbai itself and I didn’t want to join and work place at least for few months. I always wanted to start something on my own and came up with my own online portal of selling hand-loom and handmade products from North East India. With no experience in business I did everything on my own. Business started picking up a bit but due to some personal reasons I couldn’t run my business for long.
I became a mom and everything took a backseat. With time everything started to move the digital way.
With a passion of doing something, I started doing my research as to what could give me satisfaction and at the same time I could earn also without leaving home. I thought of blogging and to start my online shopping portal again. Technology was fast moving so are many new concepts. The old concept of marketing seemed of no value. That’s when I heard about Digital Marketing. I came across DigitalDeepak somewhere I don’t remember where. I subscribed to his newsletters and I was receiving them since 2018. But I never opened the emails I received.
Fast forward to 2020. I happened to click one of his mail where he mentioned about a free webinar. I loved the webinar and would look forward to the next webinar. With the zest to learn more I enrolled for his internship course. Within the comfort of our home and with advanced technology we stared our 1st class. In the 1st class itself I learned many new concepts.
Few points on what I learned in the 1st session:
1) What are the goals of this program?
- To improve my communications and sales skills
- To become a blogger and grow my business
- To create a niche in ones respective field in this ever expanding market
2) Understanding the dynamics of global economy and its impact on businesses
3) The economy of a country goes up when the average age of the country goes up
4) The concept of debt and how it creates money
5) Read some books to gain more understanding about Economics. E.g. Economics101, Currency wars, Paul Krugman, by Raghuram Rajan and by Adam smith.
6) The key basic skills that we need are to have communication in the field of sales and marketing.
7) We need to build Mass trust to be able to sell in the market
8)Easy way to master communication:
- Read as many books as you can ,start from basics then to the advanced level of books.
- Start reading 30 minutes a day
- Listen to podcasts and watch standup comedies.
- Start listening 30 mins a day.
- Write a lot
- Watch English sitcoms
- Think in English
Always try to get better with English. And as long as you start communicating better it will be much easier to make sales.
9) How Integrated Digital Marketing works?
- Create the content and build a tribe
- Drive SEO traffic towards the content
- Build Social Media Strategy around it
- Paid Advertising
- Email marketing
- Selling & Convert
10) How to select your Niche?
- It should be a combination of market demand and your passion.
- Have passion and enjoy doing it
11) How to find market demand?
- Use Google Auto Suggest
- Look for Amazon reviews
- Talk to the customers and take their suggestion/opinion
- Look for pre and post product/services of other products
12) How to Build Personal brand?
- Do not hesitate to put your content out
- Showcase your content in social media
- Publish content in different forums
13) Advantages of Personal Branding
- Personal branding will help in gaining mass trust.
- People will reach out to you
- You can get a job, close a client or build your own consulting
14) How the funnel works?
- Build thrust through the tunnel and automate it
- Build relationships on automation
- Build Brand Ambassadors
The enjoyed the first session and i am looking forward to the next one.